Car Accident Lawyers Serving Lake Worth
At Frankl Kominsky Injury Lawyers, we provide assistance to those who are hurt or injured in a car accident and try to recover just compensation for medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering. Our car accident lawyers are available and strive to act quickly to protect your rights against the at-fault party and their insurance company.
In 2019, the FLHSMV reported over 26,000 auto-related accidents in Palm Beach County, with local law enforcement agencies such as the Lake Worth Police Department responding to 37.67% of all crashes. The annual crash report further explained that over 16,000 individuals were injured which resulted in over 180 fatalities.Is it Worth Hiring a Car Accident Attorney
If you or someone you love is hurt in a car accident, you should consider hiring an experienced injury lawyer to assist you with your claim. Without first consulting with an experienced car accident attorney, you may be at risk for settling your injury claim for less that it’s worth.
Our accident lawyers offer a free initial consultation to those seeking representation after a car accident. We offer the following:
- Over 40 years of combined legal experience and trial work in Personal Injury Cases
- In-depth case evaluation to identify liability and additional damages you may be eligible to recover
- Our dedication in trying to recover the maximum compensation
- Aggressive negotiation against the insurance company and their attorneys
Throughout the case, our legal team will gather evidence to establish a claim on your behalf. Such evidence may include:
- Police / Crash Reports
- Photos and Videos from the scene of the accident and property damage
- Eyewitness Statements
- Accident Reconstruction
- Expert Witness Testimony
- Medical Reports and Expenses
Since an automobile consists of a large number of parts, there are many things that may go wrong with it. However, some of the most common sources of a car accident from mechanical failure involve:
- A vehicle’s steering mechanism which, in today’s vehicles, are exceptionally complicated and thus opens them up to many different failure types. Once a vehicle’s steering malfunctions, it may be impossible to control the car or truck and an accident can result. Even a small error in the steering may suddenly make it impossible to accurately control the exact direction that one is driving in.
- Headlights and taillights are there to allow other drivers to determine what you’re going to do next as well as your vehicle’s location. When these lights are either broken or too dim, vehicle accidents can occur. This is especially true in situations in which there is inclement weather or at night.
- Windshield wipers are necessary in order to maintain visibility in situations where there is inclement weather. This is why it is recommended that one changes their wipers regularly, before they get too worn. Once this happens, the wipers can no longer be used to completely remove rain and other types of moisture from the windshield.
- Tires are highly susceptible to blowing out and causing a vehicle to suddenly swerve and cause an accident. Without the tire’s effective point of contact on the road, steering becomes nearly impossible. This can happen due to the tires being inflated incorrectly or worn. At a high rate of speed, the accident can be catastrophic and can even result in fatalities.
- Brakes that aren’t functioning correctly can be an obvious source of a car accident from mechanical failure. However, the brakes don’t have to completely malfunction in order to create an accident. If the brakes merely take too long to slow a vehicle down, then an accident may occur. There are many occasions in which the brake’s lines and AB systems have been determined faulty due to a mechanic’s negligence or a vehicle manufacturer error.
Needless to say, there are many other types of mechanical failures that may cause an accident or result in an injury. These can include; defective seat belts, defective airbags and other defective safety features.Manufacturers at Fault for Mechanical Failures
With a car accident resulting from a mechanical failure, determining liability can evolve into a very complicated process. Some of the complexity will arise from the fact that all parties involved may try to avoid someone pointing a finger at them.
Therefore, the very first step that needs to be taken in a Lake Worth car accident resulting from a mechanical failure is to try to ensure that the vehicle which caused the accident is preserved for a complete analysis during an investigation.
The investigation is designed to determine if there were any worn or defective parts that contributed to the accident. In Lake Worth accident cases of this nature, the law applies three standards to a claim that an accident was caused by mechanical failure. These are:
- A claim for negligence from a party
- A liability claim associated with a product
- A strict liability claim (When we say “strict liability”, it’s meant that a product was deemed defective and unreasonably dangerous, after it has left the manufacturer’s control.)
When discussing “distracted driving” we are referring to anything that will draw one’s attention from their driving and concentration on the road ahead of them. These situations can include:
- Watching a video on an electronic device
- Using a directional navigation system
- Document reading
- Posting on social media
- Reviewing email
- Making adjustments to a music playing device
- Drinking beverages or eating food
- Grooming – such as hair combing or applying makeup
When considering Lake Worth and the rest of the state, there were over 45,000 driving accidents in 2016, which were caused by distracted driving circumstances. These accidents presented many unfortunate cases resulting from texting and driving. Here, we’re looking at a fatality rate of about one person for each day of that year! But there are those who still argue the case for voice-texting phone applications without having read the research.
To address this fallacy, additional research was performed by a researcher named Christine Yager at the Texas A&M Transportation Institute. These were her findings:
- A driver’s response time was negatively affected no matter which type of texting and driving approach was utilized.
- A voice-to-text application will fool the driver into thinking that they are being safer when driving. However, the texting driver’s brain is more engaged with voice-to-text, to the point where their distraction mimics that of a manual text operator.
- The end result is pretty much the same. Either way of texting removes a driver’s focus from the road to the point where it took a driver about 2X as long to react than a driver who was not engaged in texting while driving.
- One of the more bizarre points of the research noted that drivers who texted manually when driving felt far less safe than when using voice texting, yet the focus results were just about the same
- Be sure to get the contact information from any witnesses to the accident.
- Take a good number of photos that will depict the accident scene, any damage to your vehicle and any injuries to your person. Get photos of anything that you feel may be important later. Just remember to not get in the police officer’s way.
- A really important step is to get a medical evaluation as soon as possible after the accident. You can go to a local hospital, urgent care center or to your own personal physician. Since some injuries take a while to manifest, you may also want to make an additional follow up appointment, as well. A lot of this has to do with seemingly minor injuries that can evolve into much more serious ones later. You will need documentation for insurance and other legal purposes. You will also want to get any copies of bill receipts and doctor’s findings.
- Contact your insurance company as immediately as you can.
- It is also a good idea to keep a file that contains complete information regarding the accident. Here is where you will file any accident-related documents and personal observations that you may notice. Also, save copies of any medical records and expenses which are accident-related, as well.
- Contact a personal injury attorney for guidance. Our experienced injury lawyers will provide you with a free consultation.
The Florida PIP 14-day rule requires any injured victims to seek medical care by a qualified medical professional within 14-days of an accident.
Under Florida’s Personal Injury Protection Coverage, the following medical providers and services may be covered among others:
- General medicine.
- Orthopedic medicine.
- Physical medicine.
- Physical therapy.
- Physical rehabilitation.
- Prescription medication.
- Laboratory services.
- Concussions and Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Broken or Fractured Bones
- Injuries to the Neck, Back or Spinal Cord
- Dislocated Shoulders, Knees
- Internal Bleeding
- Lacerations, Cuts, Bruising
There will usually be a point in which one will need to decide whether or not to pursue a claim that stems from the result of a car accident. However, it is highly suggested that you first have a consultation with an experienced car accident attorney. That initial consultation and case evaluation is free and may provide you with everything that you need to know in order to make a decision that will best benefit you and your loved ones.
The main reason for this rests with the fact that an experienced car accident attorney may know what to look for when it comes to determining liability and damages. An experienced attorney can try to assist you in recovering damages for lost time at work, medical bills, car replacement or repair expenses and various incidental expenses related to the accident.
You should also keep in mind that at-fault party will also most likely have a legal representative assisting them, as well. Their goal may be to ensure that you receive as little restitution as possible, no matter the circumstances.
It is advised that you don’t speak to a legal representative from the other side and certainly don’t sign anything or accept an offer from the other insurance company without first consulting with a personal injury attorney. These offers may seem generous, but they’re potentially designed to cover as little as possible when it comes to your damages.
Frankl Kominsky Injury Lawyers has assisted more than 8,000 injured victims and recovered over $100 Million in Verdicts and Settlements. Our accident attorneys have decades of experience representing clients in and out of the courtroom. Start Your Free Consultation Today!