Personal Injury Lawyer Serving Lighthouse Point
Lighthouse Point, Florida, is located in Broward County and a suburb of Fort Lauderdale. The suburb has been named for the Hillsboro Inlet Lighthouse and features some popular tourist attractions such as Lighthouse Point Yacht Club Spa Wellness which is a relaxing spa experience and the Freedom Boat Club which offer tours and sailing lessons. However, along with enjoyment of both indoor and outdoor activities there is always the possibility of an accident involving personal injuries. If you have been injured in an accident as a result of someone’s negligence, a personal injury attorney, serving Lighthouse Point may be able to assist you when it comes to filing your personal injury claim.Devastating Injuries
It’s usually a complete surprise when we have injured ourselves. In most cases, we would be going about with our daily lives and suddenly “disaster” strikes. It may come in the form of a hammer strike to a finger or something more serious, such as an auto accident. If the injury is a serious one, there may be medical expenses and lost time from work. But the one constant thing is that an injury will take a certain amount of time in order to heal. Unfortunately, this may be an extensive amount of time and, in some cases, an injury may never completely heal. In any case, with a serious injury, there is always the possibility that we may be stuck with huge medical bills as well as having to take time off from work, if we are employed.
Should an injury require a hospital stay, then we’re talking about an additional expense that may be beyond our current financial capability. In addition, some injuries may also require certain modifications in our home environment. For example, a ramp may need to be added in order to accommodate a wheelchair. In other cases, hand controls may need to be added to our vehicle(s). As a result of these changes, the cost can reach up into the tens of thousands of dollars, depending on the injury severity. Add to this, the pain and suffering, plus the mental anguish of having to deal with these individual problems. However, if your injury has come about as the result of another party’s negligence then you may wish to consult with an experienced injury attorney. At Frankl and Kominsky, we are dedicated to assisting you with your claim and pursuing compensation for the damages associated with your injuries.Most Common Injuries Following An Accident
Common injuries that may occur in accidents do to the negligence of someone else.
- Injuries to the Neck and Spine – In cases of paralysis, we may be looking at a lifetime of medical care as well as the emotional damage that is being suffered on a daily basis. In addition to home modifications, there may also be the need for hired caregivers and the possibility of an eventual fatality.
- Broken or Fractured Bones – There are many different types of fractures. Some are relatively minor, such as a broken finger or toe. Others are exceptionally serious, such as a fractured spinal column that may lead to paralysis. While some fractures can be addressed by placing a cast on the injured part of the body, some may require very costly surgery and take many months in order to heal.
- Traumatic Brain Injuries – While an injury to the brain can be somewhat common, the results are anything but predictable. Of course, some of the less serious brain injuries may eventually heal themselves; others can affect the victim for the rest of their lives. Here, we can have a situation that means the loss of employment and a drastic change in one’s life experiences. Also, in many cases, the financial costs are so great that the victim’s insurance may not be able to cover all of the expenses.
- Deep cuts, scrapes and bruising – These types of injuries may lead to a combination of expensive and painful medical treatment (skin grafts) and emotional suffering as well. That’s because even after the medical treatment has finished, there may still be the possibility of issues associated with having to deal with a possible disfigurement. Addressing these problems with psychological care can be very expensive.
- Internal Bleeding – This can cause a fatality due to a hidden blood loss.
- Whiplash – This injury can damage muscles that can limit head movement for an extended period of time.
- Herniated Discs – Can cause a recurring issue in which pain and limited movement can limit everyday activities.
- Injuries to the hip, knee or elbow – These injuries may take a long time to heal due to the fact that they affect parts of the body that are directly involved with movement.
At Frankl & Kominsky, our experienced personal injury lawyers are available to serve Lighthouse Point. We handle a variety of cases which include:
- Car and Truck Accidents – These forms of accidents are currently on the rise. Destinations in this country that are known for their scenic beauty and fair weather will attract tourists from all over the country. This may also include a large number of people who are completely ignorant of certain driving hazards. You may also see tourists who are looking around and not paying attention to the road while trying to determine where they are and where they wish to go. In addition to this, you have a number of accidents involving commercial trucks. These may be the result of driving while drowsy, truck overloading and other issues. These accidents tend to be catastrophic in nature.
- Motorcycle Accidents –As mentioned previously, Lighthouse Point attracts people due to its fair weather. This also means that a number of individuals like to ride their motorcycles for both routine travel as well as entertainment. These types of accidents account for an unusually high percentage of vehicle accident fatalities as well as head injuries and other disabling circumstances. Ignoring state helmet wearing laws also account for a number of these injuries.
- Slip and Fall Injuries – if you were injured in a slip and fall or a trip and fall at: a home or a private property, a department store, a grocery, commercial building or a parking lot, resulting from the negligence of another, you may have a claim for your injuries.
- Wrongful Death or Accidental Death – Of course, some accidents may lead to a fatality. This situation can be exceptionally devastating in cases where the victim has young children and/or was the primary financial provider for their family.
An experienced personal injury lawyer may be able to help you in recovering the lost finances that have resulted from extensive medical care, employment loss and other related costs.Types of Damages That You May Be Able to Recover
- Pain and Suffering
- Property Damage
- Past and Future Medical Care and Treatment
- Including: Home health care, wheelchairs, walkers, lifts, and long-term care facilities
- Lost Wages and Loss of Future Income
- Home Renovation for Accessibility
All personal injury cases are subject to the Florida Statute of Limitations, which is a specific time frame during which you must file your lawsuit. The statute of limitations for personal injury and wrongful death lawsuits differ. In Florida, you must file a personal injury lawsuit within four years from the date of the accident.
In wrongful death cases, the time frame to file is two years from the date of the death. If you fail to file your claim within the applicable statute of limitations, your lawsuit will likely be dismissed and you may be barred from pursuing your claim.
Of course, there are a few rare exceptions and should be discussed with an experienced personal injury lawyer. Florida Statute section 95.11(3)(a).Wrongful Death vs. Personal Injury
When someone has filed a wrongful death claim, there are certain damages that are considered that wouldn’t apply to a typical personal injury case. This may include the cost of funeral and burial expenses. Therefore, despite the normal financial compensation, the damages that are sought in these cases may include; funeral costs, loss of children mentorship/guidance and loss of consortium (loss of companionship).
Whether you are filing for a personal injury to yourself or filing for the untimely death of a loved one due to negligence, the legal team at Frankl & Kominsky can try to assist you in pursuing compensation from those who are responsible for your loss.What should I do in case of a personal injury accident?
If you have been injured in a personal injury accident, here are some steps you may choose to take:
First off, determine if you have been seriously hurt. However, no matter what the injury, you should call for help.
- Contact the local police department or emergency medical services
- Obtain the contact information of any witnesses that have seen or are immediately aware of your accident.
- If possible, take photos of the accident scene any injuries that you may have sustained.
- Speak building manager (or owner) and file an accident report or incident report and make sure that you take a copy of it with you before you leave the building. Make sure it’s a report that has been handwritten.
- If you haven’t been taken to a hospital by ambulance, you will need to immediately go to a local hospital emergency room or your own doctor. Get a full exam and set a follow up appointment too. Keep all copies of doctor’s reports and medical bill copies in one place in your home.
- Never discuss your injury on social media platforms or with anyone who isn’t your own attorney.
- Never accept any cash offers or settlements from the other party’s legal representatives or insurance company without first speaking to an experienced injury attorney. Their offer may be misleading and it may not cover all of your expenses.
- Above all - immediately contact a personal injury lawyer who is available to serve Lighthouse Point. The first visit with a lawyer is absolutely free – so you have nothing to lose.
When you (or a loved one) have suffered an injury in an accident, the first thing that you should do is to obtain medical care and then afterward focus on your recovery. In this stressful time, having to deal with legal matters involving; property damage, putting together medical records and dealing with the possibility of lost earnings can be overwhelming.
At Frankl & Kominsky, our legal team can try to help you deal with this stressful time by starting your claim with the insurance company, requesting police reports or incident reports, contacting witnesses, setting up your car rental and gathering your medical records.Why Should I Hire a Broward County Personal Injury Attorney?
At Frankl & Kominsky, we pride ourselves on providing our clients with superior customer service. We take a one-on-one approach to the way we deal with our clients. If you have been injured due to someone else’s careless behavior, you should have a dedicated legal team fighting for your rights. Our Florida accident lawyers are committed to helping injured victims. We have over 40 years of combined legal experience handling accident and injury cases, and we are available to assist you in your negligence claim.Start Your Free Personal Injury Consultation Today
At Frankl & Kominsky Injury Lawyers, we are dedicated to providing diligent legal representation and we offer superior client services. Each one of our clients has an entire team of legal professionals who are working on their behalf and we offer 1-on-1 attention and care.
- Over 600 Verified Client Reviews
- Stay Informed with Fast Response Times - Routine Calls and Emails
- Over $75 Million in Accident & Injury Settlements
- Over 40 Years of Combined Legal Experience
- No Fee Unless There is a Recovery
Discuss your case with a Personal Injury Attorney Serving Lighthouse Point Today! Turn to Frankl & Kominsky for comprehensive legal guidance. Call 954-627-1661 or use our Contact Form to set up a free consultation.