Personal Injury Lawyer Serving Parkland
Parkland is a picturesque city located in Broward County, Florida. It's noted for its rather unusual zoning laws which are designed to maintain "park-like" characteristics of the area. It includes the award-winning Osprey Point golf course, the Parkland Golf Club and the 400 acres Quiet Waters Park. However, along with these popular tourist attractions, there are also a large number of auto accidents that occur, as well.
For example, statistics tell us that at this time, there are over 400,000 vehicle accidents that have been reported as well as an extensive number of Emergency Department visits.
Sustaining a personal injury is something that most of us don't expect and, as such, can be a highly traumatizing affair. There are many types of personal injuries with many of them taking weeks or months to heal. As a matter of fact, there are some personal injuries that never fully heal. A personal injury may also involve a great deal of pain and suffering with the added issue of having to deal with the financial aspects that are associated with them. Injuries can become very costly due to the doctor expenses and the possibility of having to lose money through the inability to work. In some cases, it may be advised to seek the assistance of a personal injury lawyer serving Parkland.
If the injury involves a hospital stay, then the cost of that injury may increase exponentially. Considering a hospital stay, plus medication, surgery expenses and other expensive needs can take a devastating toll on one's finances. There may also be expenses that can involve modifications to your home, such as; adding ramps or other items that are designed to help you get around your home better. When all is said and done, a personal injury may add up to many thousands of dollars in overall costs. If the personal injury is due to the negligence of another party, it just adds to the tragic circumstances. And we haven't even mentioned the fact that a personal injury might even lead to a fatality.What are Some of the Most Common Injuries Following an Accident?
Personal injuries can come in a variety of different types with some requiring far more care and expenditures than others. However, here are some of the most common types:
- Traumatic Brain Injuries – This can probably be seen as one of the most devastating types of injuries. While some of the more minor traumas will eventually heal, there are many far more serious brain injuries that can be permanent in nature. When these occur, you may have a situation in which the victim is unable to return to work. In other situations, the victim may no longer be able to participate in life experiences in the same way that used to be able to. In cases such as these, medical insurance will, in many cases, be unable to pay for the full extent of the injury care and related expenses.
- Torn muscles that may limit movement – Muscle damage is something that may take a long time to heal. There may be a great deal of pain involved as well as the time that it takes to endure physical therapy. In addition, depending on the severity of the injury, time off from work may be required and with some injuries, the victim may not be able to go back to their previous type of employment.
- Broken Bones – Some fractures may take months to heal and can limit the options to move about and to continue employment. However, there are some types of fractures that may have far more serious consequences. For example a spinal fracture can require extensive limited mobility healing care along with expensive surgical procedures. They may even lead to paralysis, which is a life-changing event that may come to be exceptionally costly in terms of both finances and in one's loss of life experiences.
- Paralysis due to spinal damage – This is surely one of the most devastating injuries imaginable. The financial losses may include extremely expensive medical procedures as well as any home or vehicle modifications that will need to be made. The victim may no longer be able to work and there may also be mental issues (depression, etc.) that may come as a result of this form of injury.
- Permanent facial and body scars – These types of injuries may lead to painful, expensive ongoing skin grafts and other medical procedures. Even after the medical treatments and healing time are over with, there is still the trauma associated with the remaining scars. In some cases, this may require psychological assistance which is also a costly situation.
- Internal bleeding – Internal bleeding can sometimes be difficult to detect, depending on its location. However, even a small internal laceration may eventually cause further complications due to the overall volume of lost blood.
- Whiplash – While this type of injury may lead to debilitating muscle damage which will limit mobility, there are also other considerations. For example, whiplash that doesn't appear to heal may be an indication of a small neck fracture. This form of injury may even eventually prove to be life threatening.
- Herniated Discs – This type of injury may cause extremely limited mobility that can limit an individual's daily work capacity. In addition, these injuries may take a long time to heal.
- Injuries to Hip, Knee and Elbow – These are also fairly common injuries which may take an extended time to heal due to the amount of motion and locomotion that they are designed to support. Damage to any one of these can severely curtail the victim's ability to perform everyday functions.
At Frankl Kominsky, personal injury lawyers serving Parkland, we handle a large variety of accident cases that include:
- Car and Truck Accidents – As time goes on, these types of accidents are becoming more prevalent. This is especially true in places such as Parkland that are known tourist destinations. Unfortunately, the pleasant Parkland weather attracts tourists who are not familiar with the area and can become distracted while looking for their destinations. This can lead to vehicle accidents and their related personal injuries. There are also commercial truck accidents, which can come from a number of different reasons such as; drowsy driving, overloaded trucks and ignoring local traffic ordinances. These accidents may be catastrophic and may easily lead to fatalities.
- Motorcycle Accidents – Parkland's pleasant weather also attracts those who enjoy riding motorcycles or may ride them for their regular transportation needs. However, an accident involving a motorcycle may easily lead to a serious personal injury or fatality due to the fact that the rider(s) can be thrown from the motorcycle quite easily. While helmet-wearing and other safety-related statutes are in place, they are sometimes ignored or are not sufficient to prevent injury.
- Slip and Fall Injuries – Slip and fall injuries are some of the most common. While in many cases, no one is to blame for the accident, there are often times in which the negligence of a property owner is to blame. These injuries can run from broken bones to even fatalities. Here, you may also find the difficulties of filing a lawsuit against the responsible party, since they may have the resources to hire expert legal assistance.
- Wrongful Death or Accidental Death – Here, we have a situation that has led to a fatality. A fatality can be a devastating situation for a family, especially when the deceased was the one who was financially supporting the rest of the family members. As such, the expenses may amount to far more than just funeral and burial costs. A personal injury lawyer serving Parkland may be able to assist the estate in recovering the funds needed in order to help with the related expenses attributed to the death.
These are some of the types of personal injury cases that are handled by our personal injury lawyers serving Parkland. An experienced personal injury attorney may be able to help you in recovering the finances that have resulted from medical care, job loss and other related costs.Types of Damages That You may be Able to Recover
- Past and Future Medical Care and Treatment
- Including: Home health care, wheelchairs, walkers, lifts, and long-term care facilities
- Lost Wages and Loss of Future Income
- Pain and Suffering
- Property Damage
- Home Renovation for Accessibility
When it comes to a wrongful death claim, you may be granted damages that exceed just the financial and physical harm that the victim has suffered. Here, the emotional turmoil suffered by the family is also considered. As such, there may be an award that is related to the; emotional trauma, financial losses, funeral and burial costs, medical expenses and loss of companionship (loss of consortium).
Whether you are filing for personal injury to yourself or for the untimely death of a loved one due to an act of negligence, Frankl Kominsky has lawyers that can assist you with filing a lawsuit against any responsible parties.What Should I do After an Injury?
Next, when it comes to a personal injury, once you have been injured there are certain steps that are suggested you take. These are:
- Immediately determine if you have been seriously injured or not. In any case, you should call for assistance. At least, this way you can have some help should you become dizzy when you try to stand up.
- If possible, get the contact information of any witnesses and take photos of the accident scene and any injuries that you may have suffered.
- File a report with the property's owner or manager. Make sure that you don't leave the property without a written copy of that report in your hand.
- If you have not been taken to the hospital by ambulance, you need to immediately make your way to a local hospital emergency room or your own physician. Get a full physical exam and make a follow up appointment as well. Keep all copies of doctor's findings and medical bills in one place in your home.
- Never discuss your injury on social media or with anyone who is not your own attorney.
- Never accept any offers from the other party's representatives. It will usually be misleading to think that their offer is "generous" and will cover all of your expenses.
- Above all, immediately contact a personal injury lawyer serving Parkland. The first visit with a lawyer is completely free – so you'll have nothing to lose. This way, you may be able to get some free advice concerning your options.
When either you or a loved one has been injured in an accident, the first consideration should be to obtain immediate medical care and thereafter focus on the recovery. During this stressful time, having to deal with your own personal injury claim may involve: collecting and consolidating medical records, handling your property damage and calculating your lost earnings can become overwhelming.
At Frankl Kominsky, our legal team can help you deal with this stressful situation by starting your property damage claim, setting up your car rental, making a request for police reports and gathering medical records.
Understand that when someone is injured in an accident, the at fault driver's insurance company may attempt to take a recorded statement. They may also attempt to offer a quick settlement that may not fully compensate you for your lost wages, medical expenses or damaged property. This is why you should speak to an experienced personal injury lawyer for advice and guidance.
You will also want to keep in mind that there is a statute of limitations that is involved with filing a lawsuit. In personal injury cases, you'll have 2 years from the time of the accident to file your lawsuit. In the case of a fatality, you will only have 2 years from the time of the death to file a lawsuit. Failure to file within this time frame will likely result in your claim being dismissed. While there are some exceptions, these are extremely rare and questions should be directed to your attorney. See: Florida Statute section 95.11(3)(a).Benefits of Hiring a Personal Injury Lawyer in Broward County
If you have been harmed because of someone else's carelessness, there is no substitute for having dedicated legal representation on your side. At Frankl Kominsky, our Florida accident lawyers are committed to helping injured victims. Our firm has over 40 years of combined experience handling accident and injury cases, and we are available to assist you in your negligence claim.
Our Injury Lawyers offer a Free Consultation by calling 561-701-9992. Let us help you through this stressful time, our office is available 24/7 and we speak Spanish and Creole.Start Your Free Personal Injury Consultation Today
At Frankl Kominsky Injury Lawyers, we pride ourselves on providing diligent legal representation and superior client services. Our entire team of legal professionals will work on your behalf and offer personalized client support.
- Over 600 Verified Client Reviews
- Over $100 Million in Accident & Injury Settlements
- Stay Informed with Fast Response Times - Routine Calls and Emails
- No Fee Unless We Win
- Over 40 Years of Combined Legal Experience
Call 954-627-1661 or use our Contact Form to set up a free consultation.