Slip and Fall at Walmart Supermarket in Daytona Beach
If you are experiencing pain and suffering because of a slip and fall injury at a business establishment like Walmart Supermarket in Daytona Beach you may be able to file a personal injury claim and hold the business accountable for your damages. An innocent customer should not be held responsible for the negligent actions of a business establishment’s store manager or staff member. Thankfully, a victim of a slip, trip and fall can turn to the experienced Florida injury attorneys at Frankl Kominsky to assess their case and try to determine the best legal strategy to pursue their negligence claim.
Our slip and fall lawyers, serve clients in the Daytona Beach area. We know the unexpected life changes that can be associated with a sudden accident like a slip and fall.
Our premises liability lawyers are available 24 hours a day, 365 days of the year to take your call and help you navigate your slip and fall legal proceedings. Call us today at 386-800-8000 to schedule your free consultation with one of our experienced injury attorneys.What Types of Hazards Could Cause a Slip and Fall Incident?
Sadly, there are many factors that might lead to a slip and fall that could go beyond the clichés such as a wet and slippery floor surface. The smallest oversight during a store managers risk assessment has the potential to lead to catastrophic injuries or even death. In fact, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), more than one (1) million Americans are injured in a slip and fall accident per year, and over 17, 000 people die in the U.S. annually because of slip, trip and fall injuries. To make matters worse, slip and falls are the most common reason for brain injuries in the USA, and 46% of falls are fatal for the elderly population. 15,000 older Americans are killed annually due to a slip and fall, with almost two (2) million visiting the emergency room for slip and fall related injuries.
If you are alarmed by these statistics you may also be wondering the types of hazardous conditions that might cause you to unexpectedly slip, trip and fall.
The following examples of precarious environments in a business establishment such as a Walmart Supermarket in Daytona Beach have the potential to lead to catastrophic injuries:
- Wet and greasy floors: It is no secret that any liquid spilt on a floor surface can be a slip and fall threat to all patrons. Without any warning from the business establishment a serious slip and fall accident can happen as a result of unattended wet and greasy leaks.
- Weather hazards: Ice, rain, sleet and even muddy soil trailed in from a patrons shoes after a storm can cause an unexpected slip, trip and fall if not attended to immediately.
- Uneven walking surfaces: When a floor surface slopes or is uneven because of missing floor tiles etc. it is possible for a customer to trip, slip and fall suddenly while shopping at a business location like Walmart and other establishments if they are not aware of the hazardous surface.
- Electrical cords and cables: When cords and cables are exposed and situated along walkways and aisles a patron could potentially slip and fall over the bare obstacle and suffer unexpected serious injuries.
- Loose or damaged steps: Steps that are in working order should always be used with caution. However, if a step is loose or missing at a business establishment like Walmart in Daytona Beach, a customer could trip and fall unexpectedly.
- Blocked aisles and walkways: If store products or produce have dropped or trickled into the aisles and walkways, this can create obstacles that could lead to critical slip and fall injuries if patrons are not informed of the hazard immediately.
Regardless of the cause of your slip and fall injury, the first step a slip and fall victim must action is to consult with a trusted medical professional. This crucial first step is not only essential to your health and recovery. No injury is ever too big or small to seek medical attention. After you seek medical attention, contact the attorneys at Frankl Kominsky so our legal team can investigate your claim and try to determine if the business establishment is in fact liable for your slip and fall damages.
Once a slip and fall victim has been thoroughly assessed by a medical professional and their health has improved, the next step an injured slip and fall victim should action is to seek legal advice as a priority.Florida Slip and Fall Victims Have Four Years to File an Injury Lawsuit
Under Florida Law if you have been the victim of a slip and fall at a Walmart in Daytona Beach or any other business location, you must file your personal injury lawsuit within four (4) years of the slip and fall incident taking place. If you fail to do so you will likely be forever barred from recovering compensation for your injuries.
While four (4) years to file your slip and fall injury claim might seem like a sufficient amount of time to pursue damages it is important to note that the sooner you contact an injury attorney at Frankl Kominsky, the sooner we can immediately try to gather vital evidence that might help support your case, and the sooner you can move on with your life.
At Frankl Kominsky our slip and fall injury attorneys try to always be one step ahead of the insurance company and the business establishment where your slip and fall incident occurred. Furthermore, we work hard to try and navigate the slip and fall claims process successfully so that you can try to pursue the compensation you deserve.Call the Slip and Fall Lawyers Today at Frankl Kominsky, Serving the Daytona Beach area!
If you were injured in a slip and fall accident at a business establishment like Walmart Supermarket in Daytona Beach turn to Frankl Kominsky for comprehensive legal guidance. Call 386-800-8000 or use our Contact Form to set up a free consultation.