Slip and Fall at Winn- Dixie Supermarket Daytona Beach
Winn-Dixie supermarket in Daytona Beach, Florida is located at 2200 South Atlantic Avenue. The business establishment offers customers food, beverages and other popular grocery store items for purchase.
Along with other similar businesses in Florida, grocery stores in the Daytona Beach area are required under Florida law to maintain a suitable level of care for all patrons who enter their premises. While business owners, and managers of establishments like a Winn-Dixie supermarket may go to great lengths to avoid hazardous conditions that can cause a slip and fall incident, unfortunately for all of us - accidents can and do happen.
If you have been the victim of an unexpected slip and fall injury at a South Florida business establishment similar to a Winn–Dixie supermarket in Daytona Beach you may be able to pursue a slip and fall claim, and try to hold the business in question accountable for your damages.
Our premises liability attorneys at Frankl & Kominsky who serve the Daytona Beach area, strive to understand the trials and tribulations that can sometimes be associated with an unexpected injury caused by a slip and fall. This is why we try to help our clients avoid any further suffering by doing our best to determine the most effective legal strategy to help you receive the best possible payout.
Our Florida premises liability lawyers are available around the clock, 365 days of the year to take your call and help alleviate the potential burden of your Daytona Beach slip and fall incident. Call us today at 386-800-8000 to schedule your free consultation with one of our skilled injury attorneys.
Continue reading to learn five (5) crucial steps you can take after a slip and fall accident.Important Steps to Take After a Slip and Fall Accident
If you have been a victim of a slip and fall accident it is important to note that regardless of the extent of your slip and fall injuries certain steps should be actioned by the victim as soon as possible. These actions might not only be important for any feasible slip and fall settlement but also for your health and well-being.
Slip and fall victims can implement the following steps to help potentially alleviate the burden of what might be a traumatic and stressful time for everyone involved.
- Seek medical attention: The first step any slip and fall victim should take after an accident is to seek a medical evaluation as a matter of urgency from a trusted medical professional. Whether your injuries are large, small, or non-existent to the human eye it is important to always take care of your health first and foremost. Not only is a medical assessment crucial to your wellbeing it might also be used as evidence for any potential slip and fall damages the victim might be able to pursue.
- Take photographs: In today’s modern world chances are most of us own a smartphone and keep it on us at all times. Thankfully, for slip and fall victims this makes it easier to take photographs of the dangerous area that caused you to slip, trip, and fall as soon as physically possible. If a victim is able to photograph various angles of the hazard before the area in question is rectified by a store manager or owner, then this could be used as vital evidence should a slip and fall lawsuit be filed.
- Identify witnesses: If you have experienced a slip and fall at a business establishment like Winn-Dixie supermarket there were most likely people who witnessed your accident. As soon as possible, a victim should do his or her best to take note of anyone who might be able to verify that the slip and fall accident did in fact happen, as well as the hazard that caused the incident. Depending on the circumstances, witness testimonies may significantly impact the results of a slip and fall case.
- File an incident report: Winn-Dixie supermarkets and other similar businesses are often diligent in their filing of any incidents that occur on their premises. When filing an incident report with the establishment in question be sure to include as much critical information as possible. Be truthful and precise in your reporting so that your slip and fall case can be taken seriously by the respondent should you decide to pursue damages.
- Contact a slip and fall attorney: Once a slip and fall victim’s health has been stabilized it is important to contact a personal injury lawyer as soon as possible to review the circumstances surrounding your claim and try to determine your eligibility for compensation. An experienced injury attorney will try to help you navigate the claims process so that it runs as smoothly as possible.
At Frankl & Kominsky our Florida personal injury lawyers empathize with all slip and fall victims, and understand the hardships that might arise from an unexpected slip and fall injury. This is why we are prepared to try and identify the individual or corporation who may be liable for the dangerous condition and attempt to get compensation so that you can do you best to rest and recover in peace. Our lawyers have the litigation skills and experience and will try to negotiate with even the most relentless insurance companies to try to help you obtain the settlement you deserve.
Furthermore, while many personal injury cases are settled out of court, the professional slip and fall legal team at Frankl & Kominsky strive to pursue your injury case with the same expertise as if we were preparing for trial.
Our Florida slip and fall attorneys who serve the Daytona Beach area will try to accumulate evidence such as surveillance footage, witness testimonies, incident reports, lost wages, medical bills, and other potentially crucial evidence so that you can have more time to focus on your health and move on with your life.Call the Slip and Fall Lawyers Today at Frankl & Kominsky, Serving the Daytona Beach area!
If you were injured in a slip and fall accident at a business location similar to Winn-Dixie Supermarket in Daytona Beach turn to Frankl & Kominsky for comprehensive legal guidance. Call 386-800-8000 or use our Contact Form to set up a free consultation.