Ethan F. KominskyPartner
Ethan F. Kominsky is a veteran of over 65 trials in Florida and Illinois. Ethan has practiced insurance defense, representing the same side he now fights daily. His experience working for the other side has given Ethan valuable insight into their tactics and methods. He uses this knowledge to the advantage of his clients.
He began representing injured individuals and their families when he moved to Florida, having been recruited by a name partner at one of South Florida’s largest injury law firms. Ethan has a passion for representing the underserved and underrepresented members of society. He has seen firsthand how insurance companies, business owners and employers take advantage of those least prepared to fight back.
"For me the practice of law is very personal. I take it personally when big corporations or powerful insurance companies deny my clients the fairness they deserve. I work very hard to be a good listener. I want to know from my clients exactly what circumstances have led them to my law office. I need to know how their lives have changed as a result of an accident and injury." Ethan continued, "My job then is to fight for my clients' rights and to bring them the full recovery they deserve. I use every weapon at my disposal."
Ethan F. Kominsky focuses his practice in representing clients in cases of motor vehicle injuries, wrongful death, trucking accident litigation and premises liability cases.
- Member in good standing, Florida Bar Association, 2004 to present
- Licensed to practice law in the U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida, 2007 to present
- Licensed to practice law in Illinois, 2000 to present
- Licensed to practice law in the U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois, 2000 to present
- Member of Trial Bar, U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois, 2004 to present
- Board of Directors of Palm Beach County Justice Association- 2008, 2009, 2010
- Board of Directors of Florida Justice Association– Young Lawyers Section – 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009 (Chair Elect, 2008-2009)
- Member of The American Association For Justice
- Member of The Palm Beach County Bar Association
- Member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum , one of the most prestigious groups of trial lawyers in the U.S. (limited to attorneys who have won million-dollar verdicts/settlements). Fewer than 1% of U.S. lawyers are members.
- Selected for inclusion in 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Florida Super Lawyers ‘Rising Stars.’ Less than 2.5% of all lawyers in Florida under the age of 40 are selected for inclusion.
- Selected for inclusion in 2013 and 2014 The National Trial Lawyers Top 40 Under 40. Membership is by invitation only and invitees must exemplify superior qualifications, trial results, and leadership as a young lawyer under the age of 40.
- Selected for inclusion in 2016 The National Trial Lawyers Top 100 Civil Plaintiff lawyers. Membership is extended attorneys from each state or region who demonstrate superior qualifications of leadership, reputation, influence, statute and public profile measured by uniformly applied standards in compliance with state bar and national Rule 4-7.
- Selected for inclusion in 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016 Top 10 Attorneys Under Age 40 by The National Academy of Personal Injury Attorneys. The very few attorneys (less than 1%) that are selected have demonstrated an extraordinary amount of knowledge, skill, experience, expertise and success in their practice of personal injury.
- Pro Bono: Board of Directors, Farmworker Coordinating Council of Palm Beach County
- Pro Bono: Team Leader, Cystic Fibrosis Great Strides Walk
- Pro Bono: Board of Directors, Jewish Federation of Palm Beach County, Young Adult Division
- Boston University School of Law, Juris Doctorate
- University of Wisconsin, Madison - Bachelor of Arts, History