Slip and Fall at Target in Gainesville
A customer at a business establishment like a Target in Gainesville would never expect to suffer catastrophic injuries because of an unforeseen slip, trip and fall. But, sometimes the smallest lapse in judgment by a store owner could result in horrific consequences. If you were hurt in a slip and fall accident at a business establishment like a Target in Gainesville, you may be eligible for compensation for lost wages, medical expenses, emotional trauma, and other unforeseen injuries.
The professional personal injury team at Frankl Kominsky is available review your case and help determine your grounds for an injury claim. Our office is open 365 days a year, 24 hours a day to take your call. Call 352-800-8000 to speak with a slip and fall attorney today.
Keep reading to learn how and why you may be able to proceed with a slip and fall injury claim today.Some Common Slip and Fall Injuries
Did you know that slip and fall injuries are the second most common types of accidents next to car accidents in the USA? Injuries can range from minimal to critical, with some injuries becoming fatal. Sadly, a sudden slip and fall accident can even result in instant death.
The slip and fall lawyers at Frankl Kominsky are aware of the hardship a sudden slip, trip and fall incident can have on a victim’s health and well being. This is why we do our best to conduct a diligent investigation that might not only involve a victim’s economic damages, but also the potential consequences of non-economic damages. Our skilled injury attorneys will try and go to great lengths to source medical evaluations that might provide the insurance company and business establishment with a detailed examination of exactly how the slip and fall accident impacted our client’s health. This assessment could be detrimental in determining the short and long term effects of the incident, and might be used as important evidence when filing a slip and fall claim.
Some of the common injuries that are caused by a slip and fall accident include:
- Head Injuries: If you suddenly slip and fall the chances of hitting your head are fairly high. Even the slightest bump to the head can leave a victim with unforeseen health issues that could greatly affect their life for many years to come. If you have experienced swelling, bruising, or loss of consciousness, please contact a medical practitioner immediately. Severe head injuries can lead to permanent brain damage, and it is critical for a slip and fall victim to have a doctor assesses the injury without delay.
- Spinal Cord Injuries: If you sustained injuries to your spine because of a sudden slip and fall accident the long term damages associated with the injury can be horrific. The first year after suffering a spinal cord injury can exceed a million dollars in expenses, and it goes without saying that a spinal injury can change a victim’s life forever.
- Fractured and Broken Bones: It is no secret that a broken or fractured bone cause great physical pain. Depending on the severity of the broken bone, a victim may need multiple surgeries to correct the damage. In some cases, long term therapy may become part of the recovery process resulting in unimaginable medical bills.
- Cuts and Grazes: A slip and fall victim that suffers any type of cut or graze should treat the wound as soon as possible. Doing so might help prevent any infection and scarring. It is can also be important to have a medical professional assess all abrasions because in some cases what could appear to be a simple scratch could actually be concealing a more serious injury like a head injury.
- Soft Tissue Damages: Sprained wrists and ankles, torn ligaments and tendons may be considered minor injuries however, the pain can often be debilitating and take months to subside. If a slip and fall victim does not seek medical attention for their soft tissue damage the pain can become chronic and result in muscle weakness and serious injuries.
The above are just some of the injuries caused by a slip and fall accident. If you have been a victim of a slip and fall at a business location like a Target in Gainesville the first thing you must do is seek professional medical attention. Then, once you have seen a doctor and your health is stabilized, contact our Florida lawyers at Frankl Kominsky to begin the slip and fall claims process. Let our trusted lawyers begin investigating your slip and fall incident so that you can focus on your health, wellbeing, and loved ones.Your Deadline to File a Slip and Fall Lawsuit Against a Business Location like Target in Gainesville
Did you know that under the 2018 Florida Statutes you must file your injury lawsuit within four (4) years of the incident? Failure to file your claim within the statute of limitations might result in your case being dismissed by the court. This means that all damages that occurred because of your slip and fall will not be compensated by the business location where your accident happened, but instead the responsibility of the slip and fall victim.
It is important to take immediate legal action following a slip and fall accident so that you can try and pursue justice. It is possible that within hours crucial evidence that could be used to support your negligence claim might be potentially tampered with or even destroyed. For this reason, we cannot stress the importance of calling a Florida premises liability lawyer as soon as possible so that we can begin to evaluate and investigate your claim.Call the Slip and Fall Lawyers Today at Frankl Kominsky, Serving the Gainesville area!
If you were injured in a slip and fall accident at a business location like a Target in Gainesville, turn to Frankl Kominsky for comprehensive legal guidance. Call 352-800-8000 or use our Contact Form to set up a free consultation.