Bicycle Accident Lawyer Serving Daytona Beach
Cruising on two wheels is the perfect way to enjoy the day and get some exercise, but all it takes is one distracted or reckless driver to cause a devastating accident. After being injured in a bicycle crash, you may be wondering who will pay for your medical bills and lost income and how you should approach the personal injury claims process. The bicycle accident lawyers at Frankl & Kominsky are here to answer your questions and try to help you pursue the maximum compensation from those responsible for your injuries in your Daytona Beach bicycle accident claim.
Our law firm is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Call 386-227-5219 to schedule a free initial consultation.Essential Steps to Take After a Bicycle Accident in Daytona Beach
The shock and pain of an unexpected bicycle crash can leave you rattled for days. It is not easy to focus on legal concerns, but it is critical that you take certain steps at the accident scene to strengthen your case.
Your statements and actions will have a huge impact on the outcome of your claim. If you follow the tips below, you may potentially be able to avoid a liability dispute and possibly increase your chance of pursuing a fair settlement early in the proceedings:
- Call the Police: An officer will compile a crash report that will contain pertinent details about the accident, which may be used to prove liability and damages.
- Record the Driver's Information: Write down the driver's full name, phone number, address, and insurance information. Take a picture of his or her insurance card, driver's license, and license plate for your records.
- Record Eyewitnesses' Information: Witnesses may have seen the events that led up to your crash such as the driver failing to yield the right of way or violating another traffic law. Their testimony may help your Daytona Beach bicycle accident lawyer prove liability. Write down their names and phone numbers, and send them a text message to confirm that you wrote down the correct number.
- Take Photos: If a liability dispute arises, photos may be used to corroborate your version of events, and they could be useful to an accident reconstruction expert.
- Visit a Doctor: You should undergo an immediate medical evaluation so all of your accident-related injuries are documented.
- Contact a Bicycle Accident Lawyer who serves Daytona Beach: A personal injury attorney from Frankl & Kominsky is available to evaluate any evidence you have gathered, offer legal advice, and represent you during settlement negotiations and any litigation that may follow. Call 386-227-5219 for a free consultation.
The accident lawyers at Frankl & Kominsky are available to handle a variety of bicycle accident claims-including those that involved liability disputes and disputes related to damages. With a personalized approach to legal representation, our attorneys have helped victims of personal injury recover more than $75 million in combined settlements.
There are countless reasons why the insurance company or defendant might dispute your claim. You might have made a misguided statement to the police officer that implies you were partially at fault. Perhaps you made such a statement during a recorded conversation with the insurance adjuster. Or maybe you posted a photo on social media that can be used to question the extent of your injuries. We will try to help you avoid costly mistakes that may harm your claim.Will My Case Go to Trial?
Most personal injury and wrongful death cases are settled before reaching trial. But it is still important that you find a lawyer who is willing to take your bicycle accident case to court if necessary. The attorneys at Frankl & Kominsky will dig deep to try to gather the evidence needed to try to strengthen your claim. If necessary we can also try to arrange testimony from vocational experts, medical experts, financial experts, engineers, auto parts specialists, and accident reconstruction experts.Call 386-227-5219 to Speak with a Bicycle Accident Attorney Today!
If you're ready to discuss your case and determine how to proceed with your Daytona Bicycle Accident claim, contact the legal team at Frankl & Kominsky. Schedule a free consultation by calling 386-227-5219, or use our Contact Form to reach us online.