Personal Injury Lawyer Serving Lantana
Lantana is a quaint town nestled between Lake Worth and Boynton Beach, Florida with a growing population of over 10,000 residents that call Lantana home. Many of the residents use major highways such as I-95, the Florida Turnpike, and Federal Highway to commute to and from work and neighboring cities.
Being involved in a personal injury accident due to the negligence of another can be a devastating affair. In some cases, the injuries can take many months to heal. In other cases, some injuries may never fully heal. In addition to any pain and suffering that you may experience, there is also the reality of the expenses that are involved with your situation.
As most people know, medical care can be very expensive. A hospital stay, physical therapy, medication and any additional medical expenses can run into the tens of thousands of dollars, perhaps more. But this is just the surface when it comes to potential financial losses due to a Lantana personal injury accident. There is also the possibility of needing to take time off from work in order to heal. In addition, with serious personal injuries, there is also a chance that you may never be able to return to work. Suppose this happens to the financial provider of the family? And, in some cases, there may even be a fatality involved.Personal Injury Cases That We Handle
At Frankl Kominsky we are available to handle a large variety of personal injury cases that include:
- Car and Automobile Related Accidents – These types of accidents are currently on the rise and can be more prevalent in areas that are known to be attractions for tourists and vacationers. This is true in the Lantana area which is known for its pleasant weather and extensive sunshine. Here, you will find motorists who are unfamiliar with the area and who are looking around for various attractions while not paying attention to the road. In addition, you will see a large number of commercial trucks that are traveling on the highways. These large vehicles are known to cause catastrophic accidents that may easily result in a fatality.
- Motorcycle Accidents – The pleasant weather in the Lantana area is also the reason why so many are tempted to enjoy riding their motorcycles for both entertainment and as a means for regular transportation. Unfortunately, when there is an accident involving a motorcycle, those who are on the smaller vehicle will usually be thrown off and thus suffer severe injuries.
- Slip and Fall Injuries – These are some of the most common injuries. In many cases, the negligence of a property owner has resulted in a hazard in which someone has slipped and fallen.
- Wrongful Death or Accidental Death – Here, we have situations in which a wrongful death or an accidental death may occur. There can be a number of losses that include; loss of consortium, loss of financial support, and funeral and burial expenses.
- Workplace Injuries – Injuries in the workplace can be especially severe, due to the possibility of someone operating heavy machinery or work in a dangerous environment, such as a construction worker or roofer. While there is a potential Workman’s Compensation benefits, the accident may have occurred due to the negligence of a third party. If your work related injury was the result of negligence of a third-party, you may be able to pursue a negligence claim for your injuries.
When you have been the victim of someone else’s negligence, it can be an extremely difficult task to make a claim against another party’s legal representation. Not only is the average person unfamiliar with how to put together a legal case, but you may also be trying to heal from your own injuries.
This is why it’s suggested that you seek the advice of an experienced personal injury lawyer serving Lantana. An experienced personal injury attorney may be able to assist in recovering the expenses that have resulted in medical care, lost time from work and other related costs.Most Common Injuries Sustained in an Accident
Needless to say, there are a variety of different injuries that one can sustain in a personal injury accident. Some of the more common are:
- Fractured bones – Besides the pain and inconvenience of a “simple” fracture, such as a fractured arm, there are types of fractures that can result in far more severe consequences. Some fractures develop into a major medical concern and require expensive surgery with a lengthy healing time frame.
- Injuries to the neck and/or back – Injuries to the neck and back can limit mobility and require months of physical therapy.
- Spinal damage – A personal injury that has led to paralysis is one of the most devastating occurrences imaginable. Besides the possibility of huge medical costs, there is also the loss that may occur with the loss of employment or the ability to seek employment in the future. Other related expenses may include home modifications that will eventually allow the victim to become mobile inside their own home. These expensive modifications can include ramps and machinery that will allow someone to travel up and down the stairs.
- Torn muscles resulting in limited movement – Depending on the age and health of an individual, a torn muscle can take a very long time in which to heal. While the healing process is taking place, employment options may be limited and medical expenses can include rehabilitation assistance by trained hospital employees. There is also the additional possibility of extensive pain while the body is attempting to heal.
- Permanent scars – Someone who has suffered permanent scarring may have also had the expense that was involved in skin grafts and other forms of plastic surgery. Even after the medical expenses involved with surgery and recovery, there is still the severe trauma of having to face life with scars that can affect a victim on a psychological level. In situations such as this, psychological care may be required in order to assist the victim in overcoming such a traumatic experience.
- Brain trauma – Injuries to the brain can take on a wide number of debilitating effects. In many cases, these effects are permanent and restrict the victim from being able to work or even to participate in normal life affairs and enjoyment. There can also be a need for on-going care, depending on the type of disability that has been suffered. When you add all of that to surgical and hospital bills and loss of employment, you can have a situation in which medical insurance will only pay a small fraction of the actual damages that have been accrued.
If you or a loved one become injured in an accident due to someone’s negligence, here are some suggestions on what you may choose to do:
If applicable, the very first thing would be to contact the Lantana Police Department , the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Department and Emergency Medical Services and report what has happened. In the case of a car accident you should exchange information with the other driver (while remaining calm and not placing any blame).
You should take a number of photos of the accident scene and your injuries. Get the contact information of any witnesses as well.
Afterwards, you should go straight to your local hospital or to your own doctor. Undergo a complete medical examination. It is possible that your injuries will not show up until a day or so after the initial accident. Keep all medical bills and doctor’s reports in one single file in your home.
You should not speak to the at fault party’s insurance company or lawyer and you should never accept any money from them or sign any documents or checks without first speaking to an experienced personal injury attorney. Avoid posting any information about the accident on social media.
As soon as you can, get in touch with an experienced personal injury attorney in order to find out what your options are. There is no charge for the first appointment – so you have nothing at all to lose! Let the attorneys at Frankl Kominsky handle the insurance company, so you have time to recover.
One of the most common injury claims involves negligence. In a situation such as this, the state law requires that you must file your lawsuit within 4 years, from the time of the accident. Failure to file within this time limit will result in your claim being dismissed. Although, there have been exceptions to this rule, these are very rare. In addition, if the accident has resulted in a fatality; the person’s estate only has 2 years from the time of death to file a lawsuit. You can find the specific information here: Florida Statute section 95.11(3)(a). Speak to an experienced personal injury lawyer for legal guidance.
What damages can you try to recover in your personal injury claim?
- Medical Bills
- Future Medical Expenses
- Lost wages and future lost wages
- Pain and Suffering
- Full of Partial Disability
- Cost of Home Accommodations
If you or a loved one are involved in a personal injury accident that occurred due to the negligence of another, it is advised that you seek medical care, and the advice of a personal injury attorney serving Lantana.
Contact an experienced personal injury attorney, who can assist you in pursuing the care and compensation that you rightfully deserve. Discuss your case with an experienced Personal Injury Attorney Serving Lantana Today! Our attorneys have over 40 years of combined legal experience. Turn to Frankl Kominsky for comprehensive legal guidance. Call 561-800-8000 or use our Contact Form to set up a free consultation.