Pompano Beach Personal Injury Lawyer
At Frankl Kominsky Injury Lawyers, we pride ourselves on providing diligent legal representation and superior client services. Each client has an entire team of legal professionals working on their behalf and offer 1-on-1 attention and care.
- Over 800 Verified Client Reviews
- Over $100 Million in Accident & Injury Settlements
- Over 40 Years of Combined Legal Experience
- Stay Informed with Fast Response Times - Routine Calls and Emails
- No Fee Unless We Win
Types of Personal Injury Claims We Handle in Pompano Beach and Broward County
- Car and Auto Accidents Claims: accidents involving a negligent or reckless driver, or while you are a passenger in a vehicle
- Motorcycle and Scooter Injury Claims: motorcyclists who are injured by operators or drivers of larger vehicles who speed, drive drunk, or are distracted by texting
- Bicycle and Pedestrian Accident Claims: victims who have been seriously injured by reckless or distracted drivers
- Bus Injury Claims: passengers who are injured because the owner or operator fails to maintain the bus, is distracted, is driving while tired or driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Boat, Cruise, or JetSki Injury Claims: when passengers are injured due to lack of medical supplies, excessive speed, boat or watercraft malfunctions, striking another boat or watercraft
- Slip, Trip and Fall and Premises Liability Claims: if you were injured in a slip and fall at a grocery or department store, private property or home, a parking lot, you may have a claim for your injuries
According to the Florida Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles, in 2018, there were over 41,000 crashes in Broward County, Florida. More than 24,000 people were injured and over 225 crashes resulted in fatalities.
Here are the results of their findings:Bicycle Accidents in Broward County
- Bicycle Accidents: 726
- Fatalities as a result of a Bicycle Accident: 9
- Motorcycle Accidents: 734
- Fatalities as a result of a Motorcycle Crash: 31
- Car and Auto Accidents involving Pedestrians: 1,083
- Fatalities involving Pedestrians: 65
- Hit and Run Accidents resulting in Property Damage: 12,102
- Injured people as a result of a Hit and Run Accident: 2,238
- Fatalities as a result of Hit & Run accidents: 17
The report also indicates that accidents in 2018 occur more in March, August, and December.
- Report the accident and injury to the authorities and property owner
- Document the scene of the accident with videos, photos, and witness statements
- Seek Immediate Medical Care from a qualified medical professional
- Keep a journal or record of your injuries, medical treatment, and how the injury has impacted your life
- Find an experienced personal injury lawyer nearby for a Free Consultation
- DO NOT give a recorded statement to the insurance company
- DO NOT try to negotiate a settlement offer without speaking to an injury lawyer
- DO NOT neglect your injuries or fail to seek medical treatment by a qualified doctor or medical professional
- DO NOT post the information about the accident or your injury on Social Media
- Cuts, Scrapes, and Bruising
- Head and Brain Injuries
- Broken or Fractured Bones
- Internal Bleeding
- Herniated Discs
- Injuries to the Hip, Knee or Elbow
- Injuries to the Spine
- Past and Future Medical Care and Treatment
- Including: Home health care, wheelchairs, walkers, lifts, and long-term care facilities
- Lost Wages and Loss of Future Income
- Pain and Suffering
- Property Damage
- Home Renovation for Accessibility
When you or a loved one is injured, your first priority should be to seek medical care and focus on your recovery. The claims process can be frustrating and could cause the added stress of dealing with property damage, gathering your medical records, and lost wages.
At Frankl Kominsky, our legal team will help relieve your stress by starting a claim for property damage, setting up a car rental, gathering medical records, and requesting police reports to build a strong claim against the at-fault party.
When one is injured in an accident, the at-fault party's insurance company will reach out for a recorded statement to lessen the value of your claim or may offer a quick and easy settlement without offering to cover medical treatment, lost wages, or property damage.
It’s important to note that shortly after a claim for property damage has been opened, the responsible parties insurance company will contact you for a recorded statement. The insurance company could even extend a quick and easy settlement to avoid paying for your medical treatment and lost wages.
After investigating your claim and building a strong case on your behalf, we file an insurance claim against the at-fault party. Depending on the type of claim, we could file against one of the following
- Car or Auto insurance;
- Homeowner’s insurance;
- Business liability insurance; or
- Any policy, for instance, one that covers an all-terrain vehicle or a boat or watercraft
Once the claim has been filed, we present evidence and begin to negotiate a fair settlement for your injuries and damages.Take Legal Action to Protect Your Rights
Whether you’ve been harmed by a highway accident, a slip and fall, or a malfunctioning product, you may be able to file a negligence lawsuit against the person or company responsible. Negligence simply means that someone is not behaving as responsibly as they should in a certain situation. The elements that a victim must show to succeed in this type of lawsuit are:
The defendant had a duty of care to act as the typical person would act in the same or similar circumstances;
- The defendant violated this obligation;
- The violation resulted in an injury to the victim that would not have happened otherwise; and
- Actual damages arose from the injury.
An example of a situation that could lead to a negligence lawsuit is a store owner who fails to clean up spilled food that later causes a customer to slip and fall. If the owner puts a sign around the spill warning visitors of the dangerous condition, however, there may be less or no liability if someone is injured in the area. This is because the store already warned visitors of the risk, which became open and obvious.
Florida follows the comparative negligence rule, which means that a victim’s compensation award may be reduced by the proportion of his or her own fault. For example, if an injured person was 20 percent liable for the accident, he or she will be entitled to no more than 80 percent of the damages arising from it. In a comparative negligence system, more than one person may be partly responsible for a car crash or a slip and fall accident. If this is the case, and more than one insurance company is involved, things can quickly become complex. If you’ve been involved in an accident where your contribution may be in question, you should not hesitate to consult an attorney who understands the nuances of the law.Verified Client Reviews
If you have been harmed because of someone else’s carelessness, there is no substitute for having dedicated legal representation on your side. At Frankl Kominsky, our Florida accident lawyers are committed to helping injured victims in Pompano Beach and throughout Broward County. Our firm has over 40 years of combined experience handling accident and injury cases, and we know what it takes to prove a negligence claim. You can expect the utmost respect and professionalism from our licensed attorneys and legal staff.Start Your Free Consultation with our Injury Lawyers in Pompano Beach
Our Injury Lawyers offer a Free Consultation by calling 954-800-8000. Let us help you through this stressful time, our office is available 24/7 and we speak Spanish and Creole.