Personal Injury Lawyer Serving Riviera Beach
Located in Palm Beach County, Florida, Riviera Beach has a population of over 30,000 residents. It offers a diverse group of attractions, including the family beach at Ocean Reef Park and one of the nation’s top-rated beach dive sites at the Diving Blue Heron Bridge. Visitors interested in deep-sea fishing trips can schedule a ride with a local fishing charter service. Just as with any other city in the United States, a number of people there are harmed in accidents each year.
If you were hurt in Riviera Beach because of someone else’s misconduct or negligence, you should contact the experienced injury lawyers at Frankl & Kominsky. Our firm is available to handle virtually all types of accident claims, ranging from car wrecks, motorcycle accidents, and truck crashes to on-the-job injuries, medical negligence, product defects, slip and falls, and more.
For 2018, Florida has reported the following vehicle accident statistics :
- Total hit-and-run fatalities: 215
- Total hit-and-run accidents: 102,756
- Total motorcycle crashes: 9,122
- Total motorcycle fatalities: 502
- Fatalities for all crashes: 3,174
- Total pedestrian fatalities: 702
- For all crashes: 402,592
- Injuries for all crashes: 254,873
- Total bicycle crashes: 6,575
- Motor Vehicle Accident Total: 4,013
- Motorcycle Rider and Passenger Accident Injuries: 189
- Motor Vehicle Injuries to Occupant: 2,490
- Bicyclist: 171
- Pedestrian Injuries: 82
- Other Motor Vehicle Types (Unspecified): 1,081
The types of injuries that are usually seen by injury lawyers serving Riviera Beach may result in many different mental and physical issues. Some of these include:
- Cuts, Scrapes, and Bruising
- Herniated Discs
- Injuries to the Hip, Knee or Elbow
- Injuries to the Spine
- Head and Brain Injuries
- Broken or Fractured Bones
- Internal Bleeding
Florida Statute of Limitations section 95.11(3)(a) applies to plaintiffs filing a lawsuit in Florida on a civil action founded in negligence (which includes nearly all plaintiffs with a personal injury case based on a car accident). The statute of limitations for personal injury and wrongful death lawsuits differ. In Florida, you must file a personal injury lawsuit within four years from the date of the accident. In wrongful death cases, the time frame to file is two years from the date of the death. If you don’t file your claim within the applicable statute of limitations, you may lose your legal right to be heard by a court.
If you’ve lost a loved one due to the negligence of someone else, you may be able to file a wrongful death lawsuit against whoever was responsible. These cases are highly complex and must be filed within strict timelines. If you think you may have a wrongful death claim, you should consult a Florida attorney immediately.Protect Your Rights and Try Seek Compensation
Accidents can happen anywhere and at any time. Their consequences can range from mild to severe and even permanent injuries. In the worst cases, they can result in a tragic loss of life. In general, negligence is the failure to take proper care in doing or not doing something. This legal doctrine is designed to deter people from taking unreasonable risks that could lead to foreseeable harm. To succeed on a negligence claim, a victim must establish that:
- The defendant owed a duty of care to the victim;
- The defendant breached that duty with some careless or reckless conduct;
- The breach directly caused the accident in which the victim was injured; and
- The victim incurred quantifiable damages that can be compensated.
A duty of care is the expectation that a person will act with no less prudence than a typical person would use in a similar context. This standard can vary depending on the situation as well as the relationship between the defendant and the victim. Liability can only be imposed when a duty of care existed and was breached. There are countless examples of ways to breach this obligation. Some of them include running a red light or breaking another traffic law, failing to fix uneven pavement outside a store, or disregarding state and federal regulations governing truck drivers.
If liability is established, the victim can seek compensation for his or her harm from whoever was responsible. This typically includes past, current, and future medical costs, pain and suffering, rehabilitation costs, lost income and benefits, prescription drug costs, property damage, and any other economic or non-economic costs that flowed directly from the accident.
If you’ve lost a loved one due to someone else’s carelessness or misconduct, you may be able to pursue a wrongful death lawsuit. Damages that can be recovered in a wrongful death claim include medical and burial expenses, and the loss of companionship and support for the family members who survived the victim.The Types of Personal Injury Claims That We Are Available to Handle in Riviera Beach
- Slip, Trip and Fall and Premises Liability Claims : if you have been hurt in a slip and fall accident incident in a grocery or at a department store, someone’s private property or home or in a parking lot, you might have a claim for your injuries
- Car and Auto Accidents Claims : accidents involving reckless drivers, or if you were a passenger in a motor vehicle
- Motorcycle and Scooter Injury Claims : those motorcyclists who have been injured by the operators or the drivers of vehicles who were speeding, were driving drunk, or were distracted by electronic device texting
- Bus Injury Claims: passengers that were injured because the owner/operator had failed to maintain the bus mechanics, were distracted, were driving while too tired or driving while under the influence of prescription, over-the-counter or illegal drugs or alcohol
- Bicycle and Pedestrian Accident Claims : those who have been seriously hurt by reckless or distracted drivers
- Boat, Cruise, or Jet Ski Injury Claims: those passengers who were hurt due to a lack of medical supplies, excessive speeding, boat or watercraft malfunctions or striking another boat or watercraft
Personal Injury Claims: Types of Damages You Can Try to Recover
- Cost of Past, Present and Future Medical Care, Medical Bills and Expenses, Future Treatment
- Including: Physical Therapy, Surgery, Medication, Home health care, wheelchairs, walkers, lifts, and long-term care facilities
- Lost Earnings and Loss of Future Income
- Pain and Suffering
- Your Property Damage
- Home Renovation for Disabled Accessibility
If you’ve been injured, these are some things that you should consider:
- Report the accident and injury to the authorities and property owner. Get a copy of the accident report or the incident report.
Palm Beach Police Department | (561) 838-5454
If possible, document the scene of the accident with videos, photos, and witness statements. Collect the contact information from any witnesses
- Seek Immediate Medical Care from a qualified medical professional. You can go to your own doctor or to a local hospital.
Example: St. Mary’s Medical Center | (561) 844-6300
Keep a journal or record of your injuries, medical treatment, and how the injury has affected your life. Also, make sure to keep a copy of all of your medical expenses. In addition, all of your medical information should be kept in a separate location in your home/office in order to have easy access when they’re needed.
- Find an experienced personal injury lawyer nearby for a Free Consultation
- DO NOT neglect your injuries or fail to obtain medical treatment from a qualified doctor or medical professional
- DO NOT give a recorded statement to the at-fault party’s insurance company without first contacting a personal injury attorney
- DO NOT try to negotiate any settlement offer without first speaking to an injury lawyer
- DO NOT post the information about the accident or your injury on any form of Social Media
If you or a loved one have been injured, your first (and most important) priority should be to get medical care and, afterwards, focus on your recovery. The personal injury claims process can be very frustrating and could cause you the added stress of dealing with property damage, gathering of your medical records, and lost earnings.
At Frankl & Kominsky, our legal team is committed to relieving your stress by starting a legal claim for your injuries and property damage, possibly setting up a car rental, gathering documentation including your medical records and medical expenses, interviewing witnesses and also requesting police reports to try to build claim against the at-fault party.Start your Free Personal Injury Consultation Today
At Frankl & Kominsky Injury Lawyers, we strive to provide diligent legal representation and superior client services. Each client has an entire team of legal professionals working on their behalf and offers 1-on-1 attention and care.
Dealing with the aftermath of an unexpected injury suffered in Riviera Beach or elsewhere is never easy, but the accident attorneys at Frankl & Kominsky are committed to helping you through this stressful time. You can rest assured that we will try to thoroughly examine all the facts of your case and work closely with you to make sure you understand all of your rights and options. We proudly represent clients throughout South Florida. To set up a free consultation with us, contact us online or call us toll-free at (561) 354-6184. Our team is fluent in Spanish and Creole.
- Over 600 Verified Client Reviews
- Over $75 Million in Accident & Injury Settlements
- Stay Informed with Fast Response Times - Routine Calls and Emails
- No Fee Unless We Recover
- Over 40 Years of Combined Legal Experience