Personal Injury Lawyer Serving Royal Palm Beach
Royal Palm Beach is a quirky village nestled between Lake Worth and Boynton Beach, Florida with a growing population of over 34,140 residents that call the village home. Many of the residents use major highways such as441 and the Florida Turnpike to commute to and from neighboring cities. A recent article by WPTV named the intersections at Okeechobee and 441 and Royal Palm Beach Blvd and Southern Blvd some of the most dangerous in Palm Beach County.
When you've become a victim in a personal injury accident in Royal Palm Beach, it can be a life-changing event. You may find that your entire life now revolves around your injury recovery. This could be a situation in which your injury may take months (or even years) to heal. And, in some unfortunate cases, that injury may never fully heal. Add to this, the suffering that's involved along with the resultant expenses, and you have a situation that is truly difficult to handle.
In addition, today's costs of medical care have become extremely high. When you consider a lengthy (or even a short) hospital stay, physician's fees, physical therapy, medication and other potential medical needs, you could be looking at spending many thousands of dollars. On top of all this, you may find yourself in a situation in which you need to take time off from work. In some cases, especially for those who are contractors or self-employed, this can mean a significant loss of income. If you happen to be the provider for your family, this can be a critical issue. There can even be the danger of a fatality. These are the reasons why you may wish to seek the assistance of a personal injury attorney serving Royal Palm Beach.What are the Various Types of Injuries that Happen in Personal Injury Accidents?
Personal injury accidents can result in a number of different injuries. A few of the most common are:
- Bone fractures – A broken bone can equal pain and inconvenience. Just ask anyone who has broken an arm or a leg. However, there are also situations in which a fractured bone can result in a very serious situation. For example, a fractured bone in one’s spinal column, if left undetected, may evolve into a mobility-threatening disability. Even if detected early, it can still result in expensive surgery and a lengthy hospital stay. Afterwards, healing may take months.
- Neck injuries and back injuries – These types of injuries can cause unrelenting and constant pain and suffering. Physical therapy and treatment to reduce symptoms and regain mobility is typically prescribed and may be required over several months.
- Spinal injury-related paralysis – This type of injury is truly one of the most devastating. It involves a complete change of life’s circumstances and future activities. It may involve a loss of employment along with the inability to seek employment in the future. Other expenses may include certain disability modifications (ramps, etc.) for the home and/or a vehicle.
- Muscle tears – Depending on the severity and the person’s health, torn muscles can take a considerable amount of time in order to heal. During the healing process, mobility and/or dexterity may be limited. This can interfere with a job or the ability to seek other employment. There may also be the expense of professional rehabilitation in order to regain the ability to use the damaged muscles again. Pain and suffering is usually guaranteed, while the injury is healing.
- Permanent scarring – Scars may lead to expensive plastic surgery and/or painful skin grafts. If the scars are located on a person’s face, or some other readily visible part of the body, there can be an issue involving mental and emotional trauma. This, in turn, may require a certain amount of psychiatric care.
- Brain trauma injuries – These forms of injuries can take on a vast number of different disabilities. They can range from; problems with speech to the ability to think clearly. On-going care is something that is considered quite common in these circumstances. As such, the costs can be huge. Add to this the cost of medical expenses and the potential loss of employment and you have one of the most devastating types of injuries. It’s also common for medical insurance to pay only a small amount of the associated expenses.
Contact an experienced personal injury attorney serving Royal Palm Beach. We strive to obtain the compensation you deserve for your personal injury claim.Personal Injury Claims That We are Available to Handle
At Frankl & Kominsky, we are available to handle a wide range of personal injury cases which include:
- Car and any Auto-Related Accidents - Auto-related accident injuries are currently on the rise. This is, in part, related to the large number of out-of-town visitors to the Royal Palm Beach area who are looking for vacation attractions. When you have a large number of drivers who are unfamiliar with the local roads, accidents may happen as a result of being distracted while trying to locate those attractions. In addition, there are also a large number of commercial trucks that go through the area and they can cause catastrophic accidents on the highway in which fatalities are common.
- Motorcycle Accidents - Royal Palm Beach attracts tourists due to its year-round pleasant weather. These tourists, as well as the local population, can often be found riding motorcycles as a way of entertainment and basic transportation. However, getting into a vehicle accident, while riding a motorcycle, can easily result in a severe injury or fatality.
- Slip and Fall Accidents - These are considered extremely common accidents that can result in a wide range of injuries, from bruises to fatalities. While many of these accidents are no one's fault, there are times when they are the result of negligence from a building owner or manager. A personal injury lawyer serving Royal Palm Beach may be able to assist when it comes to determining responsibility for your slip and fall accident.
- Wrongful Death - This is where a personal injury has resulted in a fatality. An example of a wrongful death may be a situation in which negligence has occurred in a medical procedure. If a surgical tool has been accidentally been left inside a surgical patient, it may result in that patient's death. There are many other wrongful death situations that may result in: past medical bills, lost family finances and funeral/burial expenses.
- Workplace Injuries - Workplace injuries also cover a wide variety of situations and severities. Injuries can happen while someone is at work. Workman's Compensation may be in place in order to handle some of the injury expenses, but if the injury was a result of another person's negligent act, our personal injury attorneys can assist you with your claim.
When you have suddenly become the victim of a personal injury, it can be a very difficult task when it comes to dealing with another party's insurance company and legal representation - especially while you are trying to heal. This is why it's suggested that you seek the assistance of a personal injury lawyer serving Royal Palm Beach . An experienced personal injury attorney might be able to help you when comes to recovering the money that has been lost from medical care expenses, lost time from work and other related expenditures.Most Common Injuries Sustained in an Accident
Needless to say, there are a variety of different injuries that one can receive in a personal injury accident. Some of the more common are:
- Broken Bones, Fractures, Sprains
- Soft Tissue Damage
- Injuries to your Neck, Back, Shoulder
- Internal Bleeding
- Broken or Dislocated Hip or Knee
- Traumatic Brain Injuries
When it comes to personal injury cases, there is a Statute of Limitations in Florida that applies in a personal injury negligence lawsuit. If the personal injury does not involve a fatality, generally, the limitation for filing is 4 years from the time of the injury. If you do not file your lawsuit with 4 years, your case will be barred. For cases that involve a fatality, the limitation for the deceased's estate is 2 years from the time of the injury. It should be noted that there are certain exceptions that apply. However, these are exceptionally rare. Therefore, it can be very important to speak to a personal injury lawyer serving Royal Palm Beach for legal guidance. Information regarding the statute of limitations is located here: Florida Statute section 95.11(3)(a).
If you or a loved one has suffered personal injuries in an accident that was the result of someone's negligence, here are some suggestions on what you may choose to do:
- The first thing to consider is that you need to determine whether or not you have been severely injured. If you have been injured, you should seek immediate medical treatment for your injuries. In most cases, it's a good idea to call for assistance. This may help if you have been affected more than you realize by your trauma. Have someone contact Emergency Medical Services and head to the nearest Emergency Room.
- If possible, take photos and videos of the scene of the accident. You can also take photos of your injuries, including cuts bruising or swelling. You would also want to get the contact information from anyone who was a witness to your accident. For accidents that have occurred in a commercial building, make sure to file an accident report, if you can, with the building manager or owner. Also, make sure that you don't leave without a written copy of that report!
- If you feel any pain, immediately make your way to a local hospital emergency room (or your own doctor). It is advised that you do this anyway, as many injuries may take some time to manifest. After getting a complete medical examination and making a follow up appointment, make sure that you place a copy of the medical report(s) and medical bills and place them in a separate location in your home.
- Refrain from discussing your accident with anyone but your own attorney. This includes posts on social media.
- Do not provide a recorded statement to the insurance company without first speaking to your own attorney.
- Never take any money (or sign any checks) that are offered by the other party’s legal representative or insurance company. Even so-called generous offers will usually not be enough to cover all of your present and future expenses.
- Above all, immediately contact an experienced personal injury lawyer. The first visit with the lawyer is completely free – so you will have nothing to lose.
If you have suffered from an accident related personal injury, chances are you will have medical bills and lost time from work to worry about. Here are some damages that you can try to recover in a Florida personal injury claim:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Lost wages and future lost earnings
- Full or partial disability
- Costs related to your injuries including the cost of home accommodations and renovations
- Pain and suffering
Deaths and injuries from personal injuries can be the result of any number of negligent causes, which may occur in Royal Palm Beach at any giv[en time.There have been a number of cases in which negligence and careless behavior has resulted in an injury that has even led to a person's death. If you are involved in a personal injury accident resulting from an auto accident, slip and fall, truck accident, motorcycle accident, workplace accident or an accident that occurred on a private or commercial property, it is advised that you seek medical care and the advice of a personal injury attorney serving Royal Palm Beach.
Our accident and injury lawyers have helped over 7,000 clients recover from their injuries while earning recovering them over $75 million in settlements and verdicts. If you or a loved one were injured in a car crash, motorcycle accident, or a slip and fall, let our legal team handle your personal injury claim and help you get your life back on track.
Discuss your case with a Personal Injury Attorney Serving Royal Palm Beach Today! Turn to Frankl & Kominsky for comprehensive legal guidance. Call 561-800-8000 or use our Contact Form to set up a free consultation.