Car Accident Lawyers Serving Lighthouse Point
Being involved in a car accident can be a stressful and traumatic experience. Knowing your rights and responsibilities after an accident is essential to protecting yourself and your family. If you’ve been in a car accident in Florida, it is important to consider hiring a Florida car accident attorney to help you navigate the legal process.
A Florida car accident attorney will work on your behalf to ensure that you receive just compensation for any injuries or losses sustained in the accident. An attorney can guide you through filing an insurance claim and obtaining the necessary medical documentation for your case. An attorney can also evaluate your claim to determine if there is a basis for a lawsuit against the other driver or insurance company.
In addition to helping you with the legal aspects of your case, an experienced Florida car accident attorney will also provide emotional support and advice. They understand the difficult situation you are facing and can help you navigate the legal system to ensure your rights are respected. Hiring an experienced attorney will give you peace of mind and allow you to focus on recovering from the accident.Florida Car Accident Laws
In Florida, both parties involved in an accident are required to have a certain amount of insurance coverage. Generally, Florida law requires that drivers carry a minimum of $10,000 in personal injury protection (PIP) coverage and $10,000 in property damage liability (PDL) coverage.
PIP coverage pays for medical expenses and lost wages due to the accident, regardless of who was at fault. PDL coverage pays for damage to another person’s property caused by the accident. It is important to remember that you cannot sue the other party for damages unless their insurance coverage is insufficient to cover your losses.
In addition to insurance coverage, Florida’s law also requires all drivers to take action to avoid an accident whenever possible. This is known as the “duty of care.” To meet this duty, drivers must be aware of the traffic conditions around them and obey all traffic laws. Additionally, Florida law prohibits drivers from driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol or engaging in dangerous behavior while behind the wheel.
Finally, Florida’s comparative fault rule may come into play when determining liability in a car accident. Under this rule, both parties involved in an accident are assigned a percentage of fault for causing the crash. If you are determined to be more than 50% at fault for the crash, you cannot seek compensation from the other driver for any losses you may have suffered.Different Types of Car Accidents
Car accidents come in many forms, from minor fender benders to catastrophic crashes. To determine the type of car accident you were involved in and who is at fault for the damages, it’s important to understand the various car accidents that can occur.
- Head-on Collisions: A head-on collision occurs when two cars moving in opposite directions collide directly. This type of crash is one of the most dangerous car accidents due to the high speed and direct impact. The best way to avoid a head-on collision is to stay aware of your surroundings and pay close attention to potential oncoming traffic.
- Vehicle Rollover: Vehicle rollovers are when a car or truck flips onto its side or roof. This can happen when a driver loses control of the vehicle, caused by factors such as slippery roads, sharp turns, or sudden stops. Seatbelts can significantly increase the survival rate of a rollover accident, as they keep occupants in the car and protect them from the impact force.
- T-bone Accidents: A T-bone accident occurs when one vehicle crashes into the side of another vehicle. The vehicles involved in this type of crash can be going in opposite directions or the same direction, but only one vehicle will be in motion. Seatbelts can help reduce injuries in a T-bone crash by keeping occupants in the car and absorbing some of the force of the impact.
- Multiple Vehicle Collisions: Multiple vehicle collisions involve two or more vehicles crashing into each other at once. This type of crash is especially dangerous because it can involve cars from multiple directions, which can cause even more damage. Situational awareness is key when trying to avoid a multiple-vehicle collision, as it gives drivers time to react and prevent the accident from happening.
- Sideswipe Collisions: Sideswipe collisions occur when two vehicles traveling in the same direction hit each other at an angle. This type of crash can be caused by a driver drifting across lanes, failing to check their blind spot, or passing another vehicle too closely. To avoid sideswipe collisions, always stay in your lane and check your mirrors and blind spots regularly when passing another vehicle.
- Side-Impact Collisions: Side-impact collisions are when one vehicle hits another from the side. This type of crash is especially dangerous because it’s hard for drivers to anticipate an impact from the side, meaning that drivers don’t have much time to react. To avoid a side-impact collision, always stay aware of your surroundings and be prepared to act if you see a car drifting across lanes or into your path.
Car accidents can cause various injuries, ranging from minor scrapes and bruises to more serious long-term physical or psychological damage. Some of the most common types of injuries after a car accident include:
- Whiplash – Whiplash is a neck injury caused by sudden acceleration and deceleration of the head and neck, often resulting from rear-end collisions. Symptoms of whiplash may include neck pain and stiffness, headaches, dizziness, blurred vision, and fatigue.
- Broken Bones – High-impact collisions can easily result in broken bones, especially for those not wearing seatbelts. Broken bones can range from minor fractures requiring simple casting to serious compound fractures requiring surgery.
- Soft Tissue Damage – Soft tissue damage occurs when the ligaments, tendons, and muscles are stretched beyond their natural limits. This type of injury often presents as bruising and swelling and can be difficult to diagnose since symptoms may not appear immediately after the accident.
- Traumatic Brain Injury – A traumatic brain injury (TBI) is a serious injury that results from an external force to the head, such as a car accident. Symptoms of a TBI may include confusion, dizziness, loss of memory or balance, nausea, and difficulty sleeping.
- Spinal Cord Injuries – Spinal cord injuries occur when the spinal cord is damaged or severed due to an external force. This type of injury can result in partial or total paralysis, depending on the severity of the damage. Symptoms may include numbness, tingling, pain, loss of sensation, and decreased muscle function.
The moments immediately following a car accident can be frightening and confusing. You may be experiencing shock and injuries, and it can be hard to think clearly. In these moments, it’s important to remember the steps you should take to protect your legal rights.
- Stay at the scene: If you’ve been in an accident, it’s important to remain at the scene until the police arrive. Leaving the scene of an accident can result in criminal charges.
- Call the police: Be sure to call the police after a car accident, even if there are no injuries. The police can make an official report which can be used to help prove your innocence in court or during insurance proceedings.
- Collect evidence: Take photos of the scene and write down information about the other driver. Make sure to get their name, address, phone number, license plate number, and insurance information.
- Seek medical attention: Even if you feel fine after an accident, it’s important to seek medical attention as soon as possible. If you wait too long to see a doctor, it could affect your case.
- Report the accident: It’s important to inform your insurance company about the accident as soon as possible. Give them all relevant information and keep track of any documents they send you.
- Speak with a car accident lawyer: Car accident lawyers can help you navigate the legal process and protect your rights. They’ll be able to help you understand what your options are and determine how best to proceed.
When you’ve been injured in a car accident, it can be difficult to know what to do. You may be unsure of your legal rights and obligations and feel overwhelmed by the process. It’s important to seek help from an experienced car accident lawyer who can provide guidance and support throughout your case.
Car accident lawyers understand the intricacies of personal injury law. They can advise you on how to protect your rights, such as filing a claim for damages or filing a lawsuit. They are also knowledgeable about the state’s laws and regulations regarding car accidents, which can make all the difference in your case.
They know how to approach an insurance company to get the most favorable outcome for their clients, as well as how to effectively prepare a case for trial. By enlisting the services of an experienced car accident lawyer, you can rest assured that your rights will be protected and you will get the best possible outcome for your situation. A car accident lawyer can help you ensure you receive fair compensation for your injuries and losses so you can focus on recovery.When Should I Hire a Car Accident Lawyer?
If you’ve been in a car accident and are considering taking legal action, it’s important to consider the help of a car accident lawyer. Hiring a car accident lawyer can make all the difference in how your case is handled, and it’s important to understand when it’s best to hire one.
If you were injured in an auto accident due to another person’s negligence, it is important to contact a car accident lawyer as soon as possible. Your lawyer can help you determine if you have a valid claim and what your legal rights are. Additionally, a car accident lawyer can provide valuable advice on proceeding with your case and guide you through the claims process.
Hiring a car accident lawyer is even more important if you suffered serious injuries or property damage in an accident. A lawyer can help you get the compensation you deserve for your medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering. Your lawyer will investigate the details of the accident, gather evidence, and negotiate with insurance companies on your behalf.
Overall, hiring a car accident lawyer is essential if you were injured in an auto accident or are facing a lawsuit because of an accident. A lawyer can provide the guidance and representation needed to ensure that your rights are protected throughout the claims process and can help you get the compensation you deserve.What Compensations Am I Entitled to After an Accident?
If you have been involved in a car accident in Lighthouse Point, Florida, you may be entitled to certain compensation for the damages and injuries sustained. Depending on the specifics of your accident, you may be eligible for medical costs, lost wages, pain and suffering, property damage, and more.
To determine what you are eligible for, it is best to consult with an experienced car accident lawyer in Lighthouse Point. Under Florida law, drivers are required to carry minimum liability insurance coverage of $10,000 in Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and $10,000 in Property Damage Liability (PDL).
PIP pays for medical expenses and lost wages up to the amount of coverage after an accident, regardless of who is at fault. In addition to PIP coverage, you may be able to receive compensation for damages or injuries caused by someone else’s negligence.
For example, if the other driver was at fault for your accident, they or their insurance company may be liable for medical bills, pain and suffering, lost wages, and other economic losses. You may also be able to recover compensation for non-economic losses such as emotional distress or loss of enjoyment of life.
It is important to note that the compensation you can receive after an accident will depend on several factors. This includes the insurance coverage available, the accident's severity, and whether you were at fault. To determine exactly what compensation you are entitled to after an accident, it is best to consult a knowledgeable Lighthouse Point car accident lawyer.How Can I Choose a Car Accident Lawyer?
Choosing the right car accident lawyer is important, as they will represent you and your interests. You want to ensure that the lawyer you choose is experienced in car accident cases and is well-versed in the laws in your state.
When choosing a car accident lawyer, it’s important to look for someone knowledgeable, trustworthy and has a good reputation. Ask around to find out who is recommended by friends or family members. You can also check online reviews and ratings to understand a lawyer’s experience and reputation.
It is also important to interview any potential lawyers. Be prepared with questions about their experience with car accident cases, what types of cases they specialize in, and any other questions related to the specifics of your case. Make sure you are comfortable with the lawyer and feel confident that they will be able to represent you effectively.
Finally, read all the paperwork carefully before signing any contracts. Be sure that the lawyer explains everything in detail and that you understand what you agree to. A reputable lawyer will take the time to explain the details and ensure that you make an informed decision.Hire Frankl Kominsky Injury Lawyers for Lighthouse Point Car Accident Claim
If you or someone you know is involved in a car accident in the Lighthouse Point area, it's important to seek legal counsel as soon as possible. An experienced car accident lawyer can help guide you through the process of filing a claim, helping you to secure a fair settlement that covers your damages.
At Frankl Kominsky Injury Lawyers, we have decades of experience representing car accident victims in Lighthouse Point. We understand the complexities of Florida law and how it pertains to automobile accidents and are committed to providing our clients with professional and personalized legal representation.
We understand that filing a claim can be complicated, so we make sure to take the time to understand each client’s unique circumstances. We will provide an honest assessment of your case, outline all legal options available, and advise you on what you need to do next to maximize your potential compensation.
In addition to negotiating with insurance companies, we also represent clients in court if the case goes to trial. We believe that fighting for your rights is essential to ensuring justice is served, and we will never shy away from aggressive litigation when necessary.
At Frankl Kominsky Injury Lawyers, we take pride in our commitment to protecting the rights of car accident victims in the Lighthouse Point area. We are passionate about giving our clients the best possible chance of obtaining a fair and just outcome. If you or someone you know has been injured in a car accident in Lighthouse Point, contact us today at (561) 800-8000.